The season will continue to cover the tenure of Prime Minister Harold Macmillan (played by Anton Lesser) from January 10, 1957 – October 19, 1963, and will feature a state visit by President John F. Kennedy (Michael C. Hall) and First Lady Jaqueline Kennedy (Jody Balfour); among their entourage will be Kennedy's brother Bobby (Julian Ovenden). The brief tenure of Prime Minister Alec Douglas-Home (1963-64), then the beginning of Harold Wilson's (1964) first term as Prime Minister will also occur during the season. Having stepped down as Prime Minister, Winston Churchill (John Lithgow) will not appear in Season 2.
Season 2 will delve deeper into Philip, Duke of Edinburgh's life and his relationship with Prince Charles, and will include the birth of Prince Andrew (February 1960) and possibly Price Edward (March 1964). Matthew Goode will join the cast as society photographer Antony Armstrong-Jones, who will marry Princess Margaret. The season will explore the beginning of their bohemian lifestyle, as well as the birth of their children.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 'The Crown' Creator Discusses Season 1 and Why He's Not Committing to a Third Season (Yet) (November 2016)
- ↑ Filming The Crown: on the set of the lavish Netflix series – in pictures (November 2016)
- ↑ ‘The Crown’ Adds Michael C Hall & Jodi Balfour As Jack & Jackie Kennedy (February 2017)
- ↑ The Crown season two on Netflix: release date, cast, story and everything you need to know (August 2017)
- ↑ http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/downton-abbey/news/a819685/downton-abbey-matthew-goode-joins-netflix-the-crown-lord-snowdon